Team Captains play a key role in the success of the Down Syndrome Walk Arizona. You’re the voice of DSNetwork leading up to the walk—sharing your personal story, increasing awareness about Down syndrome in the community, and educating others on the programs and services we offer.
In addition, you raise vital funds for the organization, which allows us to continue to reach new heights in providing accurate information, networking opportunities, and advocacy for and about Down syndrome.
A Team Captain…
- is the leader of a walk team
- recruits family, friends, and colleagues to join their team
- builds excitement and commitment
- maximizes the fundraising potential of all team walkers
- provides inspiration and motivation
- recognizes and acknowledges all efforts made by the team
- Your leadership is invaluable to DSNetwork and your dedication and hard work is greatly appreciated.
Build and Motivate Your Team
Whether it’s with family, friends, colleagues, or members of affiliated organizations you belong to, building a team can really boost camaraderie and morale. As a Team Captain, it’s important to find ways to build excitement and commitment with team members.
Here are a few tips:
- Host a kick-off party
- Ask early – the earlier you begin, the more you will raise
- Donate to yourself to set the tone and show that you are committed
- Set a minimum fundraising goal (suggested min. of $250)
- Personalize your team page with stories, photos and connection to DSNetwork
- Share walk materials on social sites
- Create friendly competition between different families
check out these great fundraising tips
sample WALK ASK LETTER TO SEND TO FAMILIES & FRIENDS