D.A.D.S. Group (Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome)
WHEN: 3rd Tuesday of every month @ 6 pm
2017: Mar. 21 (World Down Syndrome Day); Apr. 17; May 16
WHERE: The Old Spaghetti Factory | 1418 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix 85004
(Right off the intersection of Central Avenue & McDowell.
(A separate room has been reserved to meet in and enjoy a casual dinner. Dads will each be responsible for your own.)
RSVP to DADS@DSNetworkAZ.org (Your response will help us set up a room to accommodate our group.)
More about D.A.D.S. ~ Mission
To assist and support through fellowship and action the fathers and families of individuals with Down syndrome.
- To create a network of fathers willing to develop a program based on the needs of the men involved
- To enhance a fathers knowledge and resources about children and individuals with Down syndrome
- To enhance personal advocacy skills
- To heighten a family’s ability in coping with the unique challenges of raising a child with Down syndrome
- To provide a safe atmosphere of support where men can openly share
- To enhance a man’s inherent nurturing and care taking skills
- To have fun and to build camaraderie and friendships among fathers and families of children with Down syndrome