Adults with Down syndrome are now reaching old age on a regular basis, commonly living into their 50s, 60s and 70s. Adults with Down syndrome, along with their families and caregivers, need accurate information and education about what to anticipate as a part of growing older so that they can set the stage for successful aging.
AGING MATTERS REGIONAL CONFERENCE:
A one day REGIONAL conference on aging and Down Syndrome sponsored by the Down Syndrome Network Arizona and National Down Syndrome Society. Fee includes conference cost plus catered lunch. DOWNLOAD CONFERENCE FLYER
WHEN: Saturday, NOV 18 | 8:00 am- 4:00 pm
WHERE: Southeast Valley Regional Association of REALTORS (SEVRAR) CONFERENCE CENTER | 1363 S Vineyard | Mesa, AZ 85210
Topics related to older adults with Down syndrome: Mental Wellness/Good Health, Behavioral Changes, Quality of Life and Management Strategies, Planning for the Future, Down syndrome and Alzheimer’s, Exercise/Nutrition, and Caring for the Caregiver.
This conference will provide a great deal of information about aging with Down syndrome ~ Space is Limited
Featuring presentations by:
- Keynote Address: Dr. Brian Chicoine, Medical Director, Adult Down Syndrome Center, Park Ridge, IL
- Michelle Ray, Director of Inclusive Health and Sports (NDSS)
- Marwan Sabbagh, MD, FAAN-CCRI, Barrow Neurological Institute
- Dennis E. McGuire, PhD, Consultant, Global Down Syndrome Foundation
- Simon D. Holzapfel, PhD, ACSM-EP, Dept of Exercise Science and Health Promotion, ASU
- Sandra Mayol-Kreiser, RD, PhD, CNSC, Clinical Assistant Professor, ASU
- David W. Coon, PhD, Associate Dean for R.I.S.E. & Professor PLuS Alliance Fellow College of Nursing & Health Innovation
Pre – Registration Required:
EARLY BIRD PRICING AVAILABLE UNTIL SEPT. 8TH
- Family Members with a loved one with Down syndrome, $10
- Professionals and Others, $35
For further information or to register offline:
Please contact DSNetwork by emailing Info@DSNetworkAZ.org or call/text (480) 759-9150 for any questions regarding the Aging Matters Regional Conference.
Sponsorship Opportunities are Available!
$100 – Exhibitor/Vendor Table (includes admission for 2) *Limited Quantity
$1,500 – Community Sponsor
$3,000 – Partner Sponsor of Aging Matters
Arrangements have been made with Holiday Inn & Suites, 1600 S Country Club Dr, Mesa, AZ 85210
Special Conference Rate: $89 p/night – Reserve a Room
In collaboration with: Down Syndrome Network Arizona and National Down Syndrome Society