Buddy Walk® Arizona
Arizona State University – Tempe Campus
Saturday, October 28, 2017
2:30 pm Registration | 3:15 pm Staging of the Parade
3:45 pm Buddy Walk/ASU Homecoming Parade
Join more than 1,000 walkers in front of crowds of more than 30,000 at the ASU Homecoming Parade to show your support for Down syndrome. This event is open to all – parents, caregivers, friends, family and individuals with Down syndrome. Strollers, wheelchairs and wagons are welcome!
WHY: Funds raised by the Buddy Walk® support the programs and mission of DSNetwork’s programs and mission to provide comprehensive education, support and advocacy for individuals and families impacted by Down syndrome, including:
From birth (prenatal) through school-aged years and beyond, individuals with Down syndrome and their families face a wide range of challenges and find themselves immersed in an ever-changing, often complicated journey to learn how to best support and nurture their loved ones. DSNetwork helps every step of the way.
- New Parent Outreach & Resources
- Educational Workshops, Conferences & Symposiums
- Club Xtra for KIDS (0-7 years old)
- Tweens & Teens CAN!
- Youth and Young Adult Social Groups
- Aging Matters: Growing Older with Down Syndrome
- Family Networking Programs & Opportunities
- Parents and Schools in Partnership
- Moms’ Night Out and D.A.D.S. (Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome) Groups
- Medical Outreach & Resources
- iCan Swim/Bike Camp
All REGISTERED walkers will enjoy face painting, games and balloons, as well as a delicious lunch courtesy of Chili’s. Don’t miss the debut of the 2018 DSNetwork calendar featuring the beautiful faces of our DSNetwork friends with Down syndrome.
Buddy Walk® registration/check-in starts at the DSNetwork tent, located on University Drive, just west of McAllister Avenue and just east of the ASU pedestrian bridge. 2:30 pm Registration opens | 3:15 pm Staging of the Parade | 3:45 pm Buddy Walk/ASU Homecoming Parade.
Teams raise awareness of Down syndrome, compete for fantastic prizes and help raise funds to support DSNetwork’s educational programs.
- SET A GOAL OF RAISING AT LEAST $250
- All registered walkers receive a FREE commemorative t-shirt to wear in the ASU parade.
- The top Buddy Walk® fundraiser will lead the 2017 ASU Homecoming Parade and will be featured in DSNetwork’s 2019 calendar!
EARN FUNDRAISING PRIZE AWARDS
Below are the prizes for the teams that raise money!
$100 – DSNetwork 2018 Calendar
$250 – Tote Bag & Calendar
$500 – Calendar and choice of: Four Harkins Movie Tickets or or 4 Main Event 2-hour FunCards
$1,000 – $75 Amazon Gift Card & Calendar
$2,000 – Calendar and choice of: Fitbit HD or Fire HD 8 KidsTablet
$5,000 – Calendar and choice of: Xbox 360 or $150 Best Buy Gift Card
Limit one prize per team. Prizes are not cumulative and are subject to change without notice.